Wednesday, February 24, 2010

student or teacher?

Since arriving at the District Volleyball Jamboree in Newhalen, kids have mistaken me for a fellow student. Admittedly, I am still consistently carded for everything, but a student….seriously? This is definitely a first. In all honesty, I have mixed feelings about the misinterpretation of my actual age. On one hand, I sincerely hope that the uncertainty does not lay in my maturity and/or lack of professionalism. On the other hand, I think it is awesome that I look young enough to pass for a high school student. I suspect it may be the latter because all these confused girls are from the south part of the district, so they have never seen or interacted with me before this jamboree. Either way, the other teachers think it is hysterical. It has become a running joke, and provides constant fuel for teasing. Perhaps I should think twice before pulling my hair up into French-braided pigtails.

1 comment:

  1. it;s not just the young beauty of your outsides... it's your inner child showing through

    ReplyDelete