August 20, 2009
My exhaustion has finally set in to the point where I am almost physically and emotionally incapacitated. Language Arts this morning was super awkward. We are doing U.S. History I, so I thought it would be simply delightful if we studied early American Literature (i.e. Native American Folklore and Puritan works). I thoroughly enjoy when I am able to cross-curriculum, and I feel the students grasp concepts better. However, as a giant white girl, I felt awkward telling Native children how Natives are/used to be, and what they valued etc. Also, I think the kids are still getting used to me, my teaching style, and testing me. As a new teacher, I am still figuring out my style. Overall, everything has been going really well. The students get most of the credit, though. They are so great- their patience and tolerance is unlike anything I have ever experienced before in high school/middle school kids age group.
Physical Education seems to be the favorite class. Today, we spent it outside playing dodge ball (the circular kind). All the st
udents in
Today may be the most pleasant day here in
I have my kids outside, on the playground, and we are writing- practicing creative expression. I feel this is something the kids need to exercise. I know they are capable, and it is in them, but for whatever reasons it never really surfaces- I must dig for it. The playground could have more swings. However, they have utilized the best way to recycle tires…There is chopped up tire bits as cushioning turf, for our playground play area.
My favorite part about
No comments:
Post a Comment